My Moment - Day 22 - Connecting Your Campus

If you have not gotten a chance to read my blog about my #oneword for 2016, check out Enjoy the Moment. 

As I mentioned in my blog, my #oneword is a call to action for me to be mindful of the moments that make up my day. The moments at home, the moments at work and the moments that happen in between.

Today was my final day in #ATX (hopefully for a while). While I absolutely loved the learning and connecting I am ready to be home.

Yesterday, I was able to present "Connecting Your Campus" at #TCEA16 and today I am witnessing the power of being on a "connected campus".

Today is Global School Play Day 2016. A day dedicated to returning play to classrooms around the world. You can read more about #GSPD2016, but just know that over 170,000 students around the world learned in a different way today while at school. I could quickly begin another blog post about why everyday should be like this, but for the purpose of this post, I will spare you my soap box. The important thing to focus on is that students learned in a different way today. It was a day that had purposeful play and engage students in activities in each of our grade levels. The bad part...I was not there. However, at the same time...I was. Teachers across the building posted pictures and tweeted to the hashtag #GSPD2016 and I was able to keep up every step of the way.

Consider how many parents are interested in seeing what their children are doing in school throughout the day. Does your school give them an opportunity to see what their children are doing? Are you a connected campus?

While watching the videos and fun unfold through images is not the same as being in the classrooms seeing it, I was just as proud of our students and teachers for embracing the idea of #GSPD2016 and engaging students in activities that allowed them to play. I am excited to get back home and hear their feedback.

In the meantime, I thank each of our teachers from the bottom of my heart, for including me and all of the others who enjoyed your tweets today. Thank you for "connecting our campus". See everyone tomorrow!

Check out some of the play that happened today at Sigler Elementary:

https://storify.com/matthew_arend/gspd2016-sigler-elementary

Labels: , , , , , , , ,