My Moment - Day 21 - Powerful Learning Network

If you have not gotten a chance to read my blog about my #oneword for 2016, check out Enjoy the Moment. 


As I mentioned in my blog, my #oneword is a call to action for me to be mindful of the moments that make up my day. The moments at home, the moments at work and the moments that happen in between.

Ever have a day that just gets away from you? Good. Me too! Fortunately for you, since yesterday got away from me, you are going to have the pleasure of ready two posts in the same day from your's truly. Enjoy! 

You hear people speak about the power of being a connected educator and the relationships you are able to develop with like minded individuals. I cannot disagree with them. In fact, yesterday both of the presentations I was a part of referenced the power of being connected. I know, you understand it. You are connected. How else would you have stumbled upon this blog post? However...after two days at #TCEA16 I am reminded that there are educators who are not connected. Do you know someone like that? Share this post with them. 

There is certainly power in being connected. My "PLN" or professional learning network (or POWERFUL learning network, as we referred to it in our presentation yesterday) continues to grow and expand. The best part...getting to meet members of your PLN for the first time face to face. I had a similar experience last year at TCEA15, which you can read about here: The Power of a PLN - My Personal Experience

As my "PLN" grows, I feel responsible for growing the network of others as well. It is my hope I was able to do that yesterday as I shared testimonies about #edcamp and being a connected educator from past and present teachers at Sigler Elementary. Be sure to give them a shout out and add them to your PLN. Next year, my goal is to bring teachers with me! 

PLN Members - @E_Sheninger @MattEndsleyTX@VealHeidi
@techwnancy & @R_H_Steele
@SOC54
@RobinStokes24
@MagdaJPorter
@StaceyFawley
@DeboerDo1
@SSchweikhard

As I mentioned, there are members of my PLN I am meeting for the first time face to face this week and then members I am reconnecting with that I have met prior. Either way, the power we can harness as connected individuals far exceeds the power of one and constantly challenges me to think differently about my roll as a principal and educator.

First time meeting @OTCVisser - Pictured Center
To be honest, I had several moments yesterday as relationships were strengthened, cultivated and in some cases, created by meeting someone for the first time.

What was your moment "yesterday"?
A couple more images of my PLN from #TCEA16
Long Time PLN Member: @ShawnaFord1, @tinaberumen@jess_malloy

First time meeting @menxueiro @Owl_b_TorresEdu- Pictured Center





Labels: , , , , , ,